Policies & Procedures
Child Protection and Safeguarding Children
Our service has separate safeguarding leads for Education and Care.
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Emma Thompson
Designated Safeguarding Leads – School: Philippa Whipp, Peter Marshall, Adam Masterson, Melissa Bolton & Jennifer Banol
Designated Safeguarding Leads – Residential: Vanessa Goddard, Robert Rix, Kirsty Orton & Julia Playle
Acorn Park has Safeguarding and Child Protection procedures, policy documents and a training programme that incorporates Government and Policy Legislation. Staff are given a copy of the Child Protection Procedures. Staff receive annual training and updates.
Parents/carers, social workers, placing authorities and other significant people are offered a copy of the Child Protection policy.
All visitors are given a Safeguarding information leaflet.
Acorn Park provides policy guidance, which sets out clear guidelines and expectations in the school with regards to appropriate relationships between all staff and the children. At Acorn Park we provide a very caring and professional setting in which the children will be given full emotional support without it being detrimental to their safety and well-being. We recognise that Safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone and all staff are aware of their responsibilities for Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
Acorn Park has a duty of care and therefore a responsibility to pass on any child protection and safeguarding concerns to the relevant children’s social care services.
We take all complaints seriously. We have a full complaints policy and procedure which is available from the school office or for download below. Initial complaints should be made to the Head of Service, Peter Marshall on 01953 888 656. If the complaint is concerning the Head of Service please contact Nick Simpson, the School’s Chair of Governors, (Regional Director) via email
Academic year 2018/19 – 1 complaint
Academic year 2019/20 – 2 complaints
Academic year 2020/21 – 5 complaints
To view a policy, please click on the links below:
- Admissions Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Positive Behaviour Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Curriculum Policy
- Curriculum Intent and Implementation
- English as an Additional Language Policy
- Exclusion Policy
- Exploitation Policy
- Protecting Children from Radicalisation Policy
- HS Policy – Systems & Arrangements SEPT 21
- HS Policy Statement SEPT 21
- HS Handbook SEPT 20
- HS Policy – Duties and Responsibilities SEPT 21
- OFG Data Protection Policy V3
- OFG Data Retention & Disposal Policy V2
- Data Retention & Disposal Policy – Schedule V2.1
- Data Breach & Incident Procedure V3
- Online Safety
- Peer on Peer Abuse Policy Education
- Pupil Premium Statement
- Radicalisation Policy
- Remote Learning Policy
- Safeguarding Policy – School
- Safeguarding Policy Appendix 1 COVID-19
- Safeguarding Policy – Residential
- Acorn Park Designated Safeguarding Leads
- COVID Risk Assessment – August 2021
- COVID Health & Safety Arrangements Statement
- Children Looked After Policy
- SEND and Inclusion Policy
- SEND Information Report