Early Years Practitioner/ Nursery Nurse (Level 3)
How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Job Title: Early Years Practitioner/ Nursery Nurse (Level 3)
Location: Acorn Park School, Banham, Norwich
Pay: £22,000 – £27,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30-4.30
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only
Due to growth in service, we are recruiting for an Early Years Practitioner/ Nursery Nurse (Level 3) to join our team at Acorn Park School, part of Options Autism and start working towards yours.
About the role
To work under the guidance of the class teacher in the planning and implementation of the early years foundation stage (EYFS) and other national programmes/strategies with individuals or groups of pupils or the whole class to promote effective teaching and learning within a specialist Autism School.
During the short-term absence of the class teacher a nursery nurse may be required to supervise the whole class and deliver pre prepared activities.
To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom.
To assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment.
To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop.
To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of pupils and young people within the school.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Support for pupils
- To support working relationship with the pupils, acting as role model and setting high expectations.
- To support pupils learning in the most effective way.
- To meet the personal care needs of pupils whilst encouraging their independence (including toileting and feeding).
- To support pupils with special educational needs through the delivery of specific learning programmes and to contribute to setting individual targets and to EHCP reviews.
- To encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively, ensuring all pupils are engaged in activities.
- To provide support in the delivery of the EYFS curriculum.
Must have a Level 3 qualifications.
- Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education or
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years or
- Practitioner Level 3 Diploma in Pupils' Learning and Development or
- Level 3 Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy – Birth to Seven
Acorn Park is a school for 98 pupils, who all have a primary diagnosis of Autism. We run two curriculum pathways – Formal and Semi-formal. Our Complex needs pupils are on the Semi-Formal Pathway which is highly personalised from their EHCP. We have a mixture of Day and Residential pupils as we have 8 co-located pupil’s homes on our 30 Acre site in rural Norfolk. On site, we also have a large Forest School and Animal Care Farm along with play facilities, a sports hall and sensory rooms.
Teachers can expect to be given a Laptop, have lunch provided daily with the pupils and have a range of benefits from Teachers Pension to Bupa Medical care and a number of salary sacrifice schemes too.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to pupils, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.