Receptionist / Administrator
How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Job Title: Receptionist / Administrator
Location: Acorn Park School, Norwich
Salary: £24,380.10 per annum **(This salary is NOT subject to pro-rata and is the full amount before tax)**
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.00am – 4.00pm
Contract: Permanent, 52 weeks
UK Applicants only
To deliver a professional, efficient and effective administration service to the School, and ensure that the School’s safeguarding and health and safety procedures in relation to people entering and exiting the School building are implemented at all times.
- Act as the first point of contact, including; welcoming, directing and advising visitors, students and colleagues as required, and ensuring that all safeguarding processes are met. Ensuring that all visitors are provided with the necessary information, or referred to appropriate alternative sources for help or advice. Implementing and enforcing the school’s signing in and out procedures, and the Management of Visitors Policy.
- Maintaining the reception diary of expected visitors, vehicle and meeting room bookings and liaising with colleagues when visitors arrive.
- Managing the School’s main phone line, responding to internal and external telephone calls in a prompt and professional manner, assisting callers with their requests and enquiries, and directing and filtering calls appropriately. Taking messages for colleagues and ensuring that they are promptly distributed.
- Receiving and processing all site deliveries and ensuring they are directed to the appropriate area / member of staff. Receiving, sorting and distributing incoming mail and deliveries.
Acorn Park is a school for 98 pupils, who all have a primary diagnosis of Autism. We run two curriculum pathways – Formal and Semi-formal. Our Complex needs pupils are on the Semi-Formal Pathway which is highly personalised from their EHCP. We have a mixture of Day and Residential pupils as we have 8 co-located pupil’s homes on our 30 Acre site in rural Norfolk. On site, we also have a large Forest School and Animal Care Farm along with play facilities, a sports hall and sensory rooms.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to pupils, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.